Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas spirit in New York

I love this time of year in New York. The city literally becomes a WONDERLAND and everyone is filled with the joy of Christmas! The spirit seems to fill the hearts of all New Yorkers (locals and tourists) and is incredibly addictive and contagious. If you have never visited New York around Christmas time, you are missing one of the greatest blessings of this wonderful city, so make it a point to come very soon.

This year, my mom, brother Ben and his wife Whitney are all coming to celebrate Christmas, whooooo! So, last night Dasha and I began decorating. Our 375 sq. ft space should be quick and easy to decorate, yeah? No, not when you have to re-arrange the entire living room just to make room for a 4ft. Christmas tree!!! haha

I'll post pics soon, but right now it still looks like a tornado swept through! I will, however, leave you with a photo that I feel captures a tiny sample of the magic of this season in New York.




Christmas in New York reminds me of one of my mother's favorite quotes:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller


Photo link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment