Saturday, December 4, 2010

The first steam powered agricultural machine

A tractor is a vehicle specifically designed to deliver a high tractive effort (or torque) at slow speeds, for the purposes of hauling a trailer or machinery used in agriculture or construction. Most commonly, the term is used to describe the distinctive farm vehicle: agricultural implements may be towed behind or mounted on the tractor, and the tractor may also provide a source of power if the implement is mechanised. Source.


I am always inspired by and enamored with the simplicity of early mechanical design. I often wish I could go back to "simpler times" when most things were hand-forged or bespoke.

Until that glorious day comes, I will continue to draw inspiration from the past and use the same basic principles and simple design theories that I feel (these days) are too often overlooked!


Photo link.

No comments:

Post a Comment