Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Designing and diving for a greater purpose



A friend of mine sent me this story and I couldn't be more thrilled to share it.

Gregory Kloehn is a man after my own heart.  As a fellow designer, craftsman, artist, and dumpster diver I can't think of a better way to use your God given talents to help others and quite frankly I'm jealous I didn't come up with the idea myself!

Everyday in NYC I see GORGEOUS things, a multitude of raw materials, and items that deserve a new life headed to the landfill.  Gregory Kloehn has found probably the most novel trash to treasure solution I have ever seen... and that's not even the silver lining.

This Oakland based artist dumpster dives and uses a plethora of different materials to build homes for the homeless.  Genius.

Here are some pics of a few of my favorite shots:



Anyone can design a space with millions of dollars and a team of 20, but it takes a much more creative and skilled craftsman to use what's available and design/build around it.  






You can see the entire article here.  

Think outside of the box today and do something out of the ordinary to help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment