Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dumpster Divin' Dan


Or, "Dan, Dan the finder man" as my wife likes to call me. haha

Anywho, I cannot quite wrap my brain around the idea that an antique doorknob like this somehow ends up in a dumpster in New York City.

I'm sure glad that it did, though!!! I found this yesterday in a dumpster on the corner of Delancey and Ludlow, less than 1 block from my apt. I dug and dug for more, but didn't find much else. I will, however, be paying a visit later today to see exactly what else is being demolished and if there is any wood Capsule Furniture can rescue! I'll keep you posted!




I'm ecstatic about this piece... it's in great condition and will definitely be finding a special place in my home!

Have a great day "youins"!


1 comment:

  1. great score! so is dumpster diving a regular past time? if it pays off this well often enough, i may have to try it... post some dumpster diving tips for us! :)

    ReplyDelete